Instead, I find this opportunity to actually observe and made this list of 11 Things you can do while waiting for your flight – – – especially if it is delayed. :D
So, let’s do this quickly!
1. Sleep – Duhhh! This is a scene we all see. So catch up some snore moment.
2. Eat – Because you wake up early or late, so you missed to take breakfast, lunch or dinner just to catch your flight but ending in the waiting game because of – – you already know! So go ahead, suit yourself and choose whatever is available in the restaurants at the airport!
3. Wifi/Social Media sessions – Thank God for Airport wifi! Online life continues and your selfie/groupie goes on! And yes, swipe up and down with the Facebook/IG accounts you’re stalking :) ha ha
4. Read a book – Time to add more knowledge and wisdom, reading always helps us build our vocabulary and it brings us to a different time, places, moments, emotions among others depending on the genre of your book. I always have one whenever I travel :). A few of these books are on this list.
5. Listen to a Podcast – If you think reading isn’t your thing, there is an audio book or better yet pick a Podcast show that you’re interested in. Not sure what to listen? Check this 5 Podcast I listened to. Well actually this list is growing, gotta update you with a couple of what I currently love (binge listening it now!) lol.
6. Watch a movie – Download it ahead of time. Airport wifi might not be so friendly because of the volume of users. So keep them handy on your iPads, phones or laptops.
7. Journal – If you are that journal type of person like me, its high time to take that coffee and do some writing. I’ve been writing diaries since high school and stopped when I moved to Abu Dhabi. This year as we move to Dubai, I’d love to catch up with this beautiful hobby.
8. Study – For students or for anyone who might be taking an exam soon, this is the high time to review and add notes or just skim and scan those text books.
9. Observe – I’ve recently read this book from Merlee Cruz-Jayme called Everyone Can be Creative and one creative challenge she mentioned was this: To sit a in a Coffee shop and observe a girl/boy and give them characters. Give her/him a name, guess what his/her job is. What’s their age? Why is s/he in the coffee shop? Is s/he waiting for a friend, a meeting, colleague etc. Describe what do you think s/he is thinking… etc. etc :) This is a bit creepy ~ but this is all only between you and your thoughts/notes for #CreativeExerciseOnly
10. Talk to your family – When I say talk to your family, I mean a family that you are with in this flight. If you’re alone, of course before heading to the airport, most of the time they send us off and so we have those times of saying goodbye and tears and picture taking and others. But here, I mean talk to your companion, talk to your wife/husband, mother, father, brother, sisters. There’s so much to talk about family life and you never know what comes out from this conversations. :)
11. Pray – A lot of people will opt for the above 10 but very few take this bold move. I don’t mean to preach, and saying your prayers out loud. What I mean is to use this time to stay calm, stay in one side and pray the rosary or just simply spend time with God in the silence of your heart.
So, there you go – that’s my top 11 things to do while waiting for your flight!
How about you? What’s your favorite activity while waiting for your plane to take off?