As of writing, it is 5:15 am, Manila time – 6 Jan 2017. I am currently in the boarding area for my connecting flight to Cebu.
- I have heard many who seemed to be disappointed with this airline, but my 7 and half experience (almost 8 hours) was quite okay. Although we depart late from Abu Dhabi, but we arrive almost on time in Manila.
- Food was okay, there were chicken and fish fillet choices for dinner – I took the fish
- In between snacks of chocolates, biscuits, juices, cola, chocolate cake etc and a turkey ham/cheese sandwich too!
- There were pillow and blanket
- No TV though
- Playing cards, Globe sim card, toothbrush/paste were distributed separately, something I am not so cool but bearable. I just thought they could put it in one pack and prepare it in each seat – save them the time and rounds. Also, getting a free sim makes me think – this is the reason it’s easy to fake identity… that’s personal view because in UAE we register our sims with IDs/ passports.
- The crew was friendly, nice and pleasant.
- Upon arrival at NAIA Terminal 2, I was a bit confused whether to take my check in luggage or keep it… Gotta ask the Customs desk to know what has to be done. So what happened is that there are 3-4 personnel in one side of the baggage claim area that puts on a yellow sticker that says “domestic transfer”, got mine and had it stuck on. Then I went out and enter once again to the dometic area.
Time Check : 6:05 am – I’ll be sharing what will happen after that encounter shortly.
So, the universe connive with me, when I get off the taxi no one is on the street. So I got off as quick as I could, put on my hats, drag my luggage and put it in front of our sari-sari store.
Right on time Papa was about to go back inside the house, so I said “Ayo!!! Pwede magpa-load“, (hello, can I have a load?) widely smile and look at him. His face and eyes blank . . . took few more seconds before saying “Hala! – – – Ikaw na day?” (oh! Is that you?)
Mama on the other hand, was about to go upstairs and stopped, saw me, but on her mind “Is it JM, she is, but it’s impossible”
They all smiled, laughed and said Hoy! Nganu naa man ka! Wa lagi ka nagsulti! (Hey! Why are you here, why didn’t you inform us . . .)
What a great feeling to actually be at home and meet my family again. My brother was on duty, so when he arrived I also surprised him, but although he wasn’t aware, he took the other door and got me surprised too!
Sharing you my daily musing, instant reunion, eat outs, meeting friends and more adventures! So just keep on track :)