#KusinaNiKayne: Chocolate & Strawberry Cake
*UPDATE/Feb2019: Starting this month, I have decided to move all my #KusinaNiKayne entries from https://kusinanikayne.blogspot.com/ to this blog now in order for me to put all of the things #inmyheart be in one place. So, expect a series of #KusinaNiKayne being published continuously for the next few days. I’ll be re-publishing the old entries then. I am keeping the old post there though until it’s still free. Basically, I’d like to maintain and focus on this page now.
Now, let’s talk about my first cake baking attempt. So, let’s do my Chocolate & Strawberry Cake.
You will need:
The Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 Cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (any type will do)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F or that’s 180 degrees C
- Grease 2 9-inches round pans.
- Then start mixing all your dry ingredients.
- From this mix, add the wet ingredients and continuously mix them by hand or if you do have a hand mixer that will do too.
- Once they are full incorporated, pour them equally into the pans.
- Bake 30-35 mins or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes
- Remove from the pan to a wire rack
- Cool completely and then add the frosting and arrange them into layers.
- First layer, then frosting, another layer, frosting again and add your fruits or decorations. This time I added my favorite strawberries.
For the frosting:
Mix the below ingredients into a bowl , stir and use hand mixer as applicable until the consistency.
Disclaimer: Please excuse my cake platform… lol Haven’t bought an official one yet. hehe
Happy Baking! :)