I’m back with another Office activity idea.
Earlier, I shared Valentines Day activity ideas in the office.
This time, since it is May, let’s focus on Mother’s Day.
- Match this MOM
- Finding Mama!
- Match your Colleague to MOM!
- Best Picture with Mom
I googled for sometime to get ideas on what to do in the office for this special day for the moms.
Of course it offered quiet a lot but most of them requires a budget because most of it are gift giving activity for the mothers.
I stumbled upon a friends post on Facebook where in her office where they have a wall with photos of all employees who are mother and with the Happy Mother’s Day greetings.
This sparked the idea from my colleague Sarah! Shoutout to her! 😊 – to do a little twist into it and gamify it.
In 2022, we decided to match the employees and their mother. Within the next 5 days I picked 15-20 employees and asked them (if ok) to share their photo and that of their mom.
Surprisingly we received from 16!
So this is how we do it.
- Gather photos from employees (you can decided how many)
- Print these photos and we posted it in our wall the day before the event.
- On the morning of the event, Employee Engagement sent an email about the photos on the wall with the instructions as follows:
In the email:
If you have noticed a wall of photos in the Operations area, it is that of few of our employees and their mothers.
Let’s play a matching game!
Match your Colleague’s MOM! Or Match the MOM! Or That’s my MOM… ( we voted for the title) and this one won – FINDING MAMA.
- Match who is who, drag and drop to determine the mother – child pair. (Do it on the wall or using the attached PPT)
- Send us your matched entries by end of the day – 30 May 2022
- Submit your entry to (EMAIL)
- Only 1 entry per employee.
- Winner(s) stand to win a prize! In case of more than 1 correct entry, the one who sent it first will be considered the winner.
- The correct match and the winner will be shared through email the next day.
Fun moments in the office! 😊
This 2023 – We Opted for a Best Picture with Mom contest. :) A simple gathering of photos with mom and we asked a few judges to give scores.
How about you creative, what did you do to celebrate this day in the office?
“A mother is your first friend. Your best friend and a forever friend.”
Have a great day and God bless!