📍 Landed safely in Cebu at 4:05 PM – PH Time.
On this blog, I’m sharing with you the current and updated Arrival Protocol at Mactan Cebu Airport (MCIA) as of 11-May 2021.
BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT
Before your flight, of course you have to prepare your ticket. Check your flight status every single day to make sure that it is confirmed and not cancelled.
For OFWs, register:
- OASIS OWWA (https://www.dole.gov.ph/ofw-assistance-information-system-oasis/) so as balikpinas.ph
- Get your OEC – Balik Manggagawa (https://www.bmonline.ph/), for Dependents, you need to get a Tax Exemption Certificate. < Check this link.
For Non-OFW , ROF (Returning Overseas Filipino) or OFW Dependent who will go home without your sponsor) you need to book your own hotel. As per my communication with OWWA (Dubai) since my husband isn’t going home with me and I’m not on a working visa – then I won’t be covered.
Other forms, that I prepared although no one collected it – probably because of my dependent status…
- e-CIF Form – Case Investigation Form (https://www.balikpinas.ph/ecif-registration)
- Affidavit of Undertaking (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AtseA0ekypDdDTfUAmrePK-Str6ECGxn/view)
- Health Declaration Form & Bureau of Customs form (available on board)
- Immigration Arrival Card (available upon arrival at the airport)
They also advised to download the TRAZE App – although upon my arrival in Cebu (MCIA) no one asked it. :)
Five Days before your flight, you have to register at Mactan Cebu International Airport website and get your TRN (Travel Reference Number & Barcode) – visit mactancebuairport.com/covid-19-registration.
Now, let’s get started with the steps upon arrival.
Right after the moment that you are allowed to disembark from the airplane, your will be directed to a room to start step 1.
Step 1. LISTEN TO THE ARRIVAL BRIEFING.
As soon as you land, you will be required to undergo a briefing led by the Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ). This will take around 5-10 minutes for the instructions applicable for (A) Non-Cebu Residents, (B) – Cebu City residents (C) – Cebu Province residents.
This will explain to you the whole process and what to expect in the coming days. Yes, 10 hotel quarantine days is still required for all non-Cebu residents while 2-3 days depending ont he swab results is applicable for Cebu residents + completing the 14 days Home quarantine.
While on the way to the Validation Counter, you will have the Thermal Scanning. Your temperature will be checked by the BOQ staff or automatically by the machine within the airport.
Step 2. PROCEED TO THE VALIDATION COUNTER.
While on queue, you can start filling up the Arrival Card, Health Declaration & Bureau of Customs forms – which are given while you are onboard the plane. Arrival Card will be available at the airport.
After the briefing, get on the queue and present the following at the Validation Counter.
- MCIA Bardcode (Travel Reference Number (TRN) or Barcode which was generated when you completed the Online MCIA Passenger Arrival Registration Visit: mactancebuairport.com/covi-19-registration
- Boarding Pass
- Hotel Booking (Non-OFW & ROFs/Foreigners)
Health Declaration Form – will be collected as you complete the validation and before heading to the next step – Immigration.
Step 3. CLEAR IMMIGRATION CHECK.
Make your way to the Immigration counters for the routine Immigration inspection. Present your Passport & Arrival Card. Take off your face shields, masks, cap and get your photo taken.
Then wear them back and go down to the next counter:
Step 4: Go for your Swab/COVID Test
Note: As of today, 12th May 2021 – all swab tests in MCIA is still FREE! Thanks to our Cebu province government, Gov. Gwen Garcia & the DOH.
For OFWs, proceed to the OWWA Counter, submit the papers being asked and you will be assigned to a hotel. This process may inter-change in between the swabbing and OWWA Counter depending on the line. Someone in the airport will guide you.
As for me, I went directly to the Swab test booths. where the Nurse/DOH representative asked me to read this instructions in front. Took my passport for verification and the barcode. Then pasted an orange dot on my face shield – which means that I have been tested.
Step 5: PICK-UP YOUR LUGGAGE
At the Baggage Claim area, approach the assigned luggage belt and pick up your bags.
Step 6. PROCEED TO THE ASSIGNED WAITING AREA.
Wait for a representative from the following:
- For OFWs, OWWA representative
- For non-OFWs, ROFs and foreign nationals, a staff from your booked quarantine hotel will assist you.
Step 7: CLEAR CUSTOMS CHECK.
Proceed to the Customs counter for clearance. They will ask a couple of questions like,m which hotel are you booked or are you coming from a transit or direct flight. The OWWA or hotel representative will accompany you as you exit.
Proceed to the final baggage scan, they will only scan your hand carry bags.
Step 8. TRANSFER TO YOUR HOTEL.
The OWWA/hotel representative will take you to the service vehicle, which will take you to your quarantine hotel.
Check in at the hotel. Note that some hotels may have additional protocol so contact them before your trip to be prepared.
WAIT FOR THE RESULT OF THE TEST.
This should take 24 to 48 hours. The result will be sent to the email address that you entered when you accomplished the registration form prior to the trip.
If positive, you will be given further instructions by the Bureau of Quarantine, either to stay on the same hotel or to transfer you to another facility. During the BOQ Briefing, you are encouraged to asked questions, so take that time to clear all the cabwebs on your mind.
PROCEED TO YOUR DESTINATION.
If swab test result is negative, coordinate with your LGU (Local Government Unit) of your destination regarding transportation and completion of the 14-day quarantine. LGUs sometimes have their own policies so it’s best to ask them directly. For example, Cebu City has sets of rules completely separate from the rest of the province.
- For Non-Cebu Residents – you need to complete your 10 days hotel quarantine. A re-test will be done on the 7th day, once the test result comes out either on 8 or 9th day – you can proceed to your destination on the 10th day.
- For Cebu City & Cebu Province, on day 2 or 3 when the negative test is out, you are allowed to go home. Contact your LGU for the process but will still have a re-test on 7th day. Then complete you 10-14 days quarantine before you can fully enjoy the beauty of Cebu :)
Hope this one helps. Good luck and God bless Kabayan!